Friday, September 2, 2011

Colossus

Considering that my last post had an illustration of Magik, I thought I might as well draw her brother, the X-Man Colossus!

Piotr Rasputin was always one of my favourite mutants in the Marvel Universe.  Let's face it, a guy that was already incredibly strong as a human that could become organic steel and possess super strength?  What part of that would be unappealing to a young boy?  I'm not sure whether I read a copy of the X-Men or saw the old "Pryde of The X-Men" cartoon pilot first, but either way I loved the X-Men from pretty early on. 

This piece was done with ballpoint pen and watercolours.

Does anyone remember the X-Men: Children of the Atom video game for the old Sega Saturn console?  I loved playing that game, and yes, I did often play as Colossus.

Dasvidaniya!



No comments:

Post a Comment