Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe

You know that poem, don't you?

Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,Wednesdays child is full of woe,Thursdays child has far to go,Fridays child is loving and giving,Saturdays child works hard for his living,And the child that is born on the Sabbath dayIs bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

I've always liked this poem, (perhaps simply because I was born on a Tuesday so I've a pretty good line...)  

But this, is about Wednesday, or in this case Wednesday Addams.  I've created this illustration as part of #inktober which I'm woefully behind on posting art, but I'll catch you all up on it.

Did you watch the Addams Family, or read Charles Addams strange cartoons?  I did a mixture of both.  One case of where a tv show really built on the mythos and added quite a bit of depth and texture to the characters.  


No comments:

Post a Comment