Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Ideal Working Space

Is there such a thing as an ideal workspace? Sure there is. But like everything else, what is good for one is not necessarily good for the other.

Here's an example of what Tina-Sue's ideal workspace would be:



You'll notice the fact that there is a nice big sitting window, a floor cushion, a writing desk, a laptop computer, a pen, and a silly puppy crashed out on the floor. Pretty simple, clean, and uncluttered.

There are blank walls.

Blank walls drive me nuts! They are just canvases waiting to be finished...

And if I was occupying the identical room with my studio it would probably look a little something like this:



You'll notice that the only real similarity is the fact that a silly puppy would be a requirement in the room at one point or another. I think I've actually held up on what would be in the room. It should have puppy toys scattered all about. I can still see bare wall and floor space. I would find a way to try and put everything cool that I have up somewhere in that space, even though no one would ever realize it was there.

The interesting thing is what isn't shown in this picture because I'd probably be standing within it from the point of view. Missing is my computer and it's desk, my plan hold, a lot more pictures and far more toys. I can't help it if I'm a collector!


Typical conversation at our home:

"Hi hon, look what I just got!"

"What did you bring home now?"

"It's so cool - you have to see this."

"Why did you get that?"

"Well, you would not believe the deal I got on this," or "It was free - you know how people like to give me free stuff," or "It was shiny!"

"Just because it's free doesn't mean you have to take it. *sigh* I'm glad you're happy with your new toy."

No comments:

Post a Comment