Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thanks, But No Thanks, Thank-You!

I could write about how I had serious issues with this contest from the beginning but I felt compelled by my other half to see it through. I could go about how those issues had to do with the level of professionalism, the murky guidelines and the conflicting rules and contract. I could also point out that judging criteria seems to be non-existent and how I am confused as to what the further requirements are, considering we've been voted out of the contest. I could also make a point about wondering why in the world I would give my work to someone to clearly doesn't want it? But saying all of that on here would, as Chris says, come off as being soured. 

And I'm really, really not. As a writer, I have received harsher criticisms and critiques than I have in this experience.
So it comes down this: we will continue to work on Stargazing and yes we have nothing more to do with that contest. 
I am looking forward to further developing the characters with free rein and seeing where it will go. 
Many heartfelt thanks to everyone who has supported us in this project. 

 There is a lot more to come. 

)O(

No comments:

Post a Comment