Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Silly Diversion


Here are the final two pages of my Oni Press talent submission - just so you can see them. And now, perhaps for your amusement and education:

Can you take this without lying?

A list of questions I stole from somewhere...


What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
Two pieces of excel spearmint gum.

Have you ever kissed anyone named Matthew?
My Cabbage Patch Kid’s name was Matthew Allan – would that count?

Where was your profile picture taken?
At a park near my home – it’s a big smiley picture of my puppy Delta.

Can you play Guitar Hero?
I cannot say that I’ve ever really tried. Video games are a bane to anyone who wants to produce well, pretty much anything. I do want to get a Nintendo Wii…

Name someone that made you laugh today ?
Delta, Paul and Josh, and I’m sure to say my wife.

How late did you stay up last night and why?
2:30 am. I was working on a few things and late at night seems to be a very productive time for me. Oh for an afternoon siesta on a daily basis.

If you could move somewhere else, would you?
Yes. Moon Base Alpha might be pretty cool (wherever that is.) Also I’d like to live out on the coast, or in a big city like New York (just to say that I did.)

Ever been kissed under fireworks?
It felt like fireworks.

Which of your friends lives closest to you?
My wife.

Do you believe ex's can be friends?
Yes, and I know a few examples.

Calling or texting?
Telephone, for sure.

When was the last time you cried really hard?
Couldn’t say for sure. I’m an emotional kind of guy.

Where are you right now?
Being distracted from doing what I should be.

What bed did you sleep in last night?
Mine. Not for a particularly long time though.

What was the last thing someone bought for you?
Apples and blueberries and treats for Delta.

Who took your profile picture?
I did – Delta was in a very happy mood after running around the park and trying to climb the tree to follow me.

Who was the last person you took a picture of?
My wife – I like taking pictures of her.

Was yesterday better than today?
Nope.

Are you mad about anything?
If anything, I just get annoyed. Don’t want to waste my energy being mad.

Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
Yes, I do. The second part really sums it all up.

Are you a bad influence?
Depends on whether or not I’m bored.

Night out or night in?
Can I not have both?

What items could you not go without during the day?
Oddly enough, my reusable water bottle.

What does the last text message in your inbox say?
It’s an advert from 7-11 for a free Slurpee.

How do you feel about your life right now?
I want the next stage to get here now!

Do you hate anyone?
I don’t hate, if anything I may despise them.

If you look in your Facebook inbox, what would you find?
Messages.

Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
Absolutely, yes I would pass. I’m a perpetually cheerful person. (With the occasional morose spell worked in just for a little while.)

Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
It would be nice to hear.

What song is stuck in your head?
No ear worm type songs at the moment.

Someone knocks on your window at 2am, who do you want it to be?
All I can think of are fictional characters to answer that, and I’m not certain which one would be clever enough.

Wanna have grand kids before you’re 50?
No, definitely not.


Name something you have to do tomorrow?
Clean up.

Do you think too much or too little?
Probably spend too much thinking and mulling over ideas in my head. Have to be more into the execution.

Do you smile a lot?
Yes – my frown looks pathetic because I don’t ever use it.

Who was your last missed call on your Mobile phone?
Probably a wrong number.

What was the last book you read?
“Superman: Last Son”. The last actual book I read I cannot say anything about.

Is there something you always wear?
I try to change things up.

What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Staring at my monitor.

Did you have an exciting last weekend?
I had fun – this weekend will prove to be more interesting I’m sure.

Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes – a few actually.

Have you ever dyed your hair?
Red – it turned orange after a couple of days though.

Are you wearing a necklace / Chain?
I haven’t really worn anything on my neck lately. I do have a very good collection of items like that.

Are you an emotional person?
Yes.

What's something that can always make you feel better?
Taking Delta for a walk.

Will this weekend be a good one?
Yes. Busy. But definitely a good weekend coming.

What do you want right now?
Something cool in the mail. I've always liked getting mail.

Have you ever worn the opposite sex's clothing?
Kilts don’t count.

Have you ever worked in a food place?
Just in a grocery store. I promised myself that I would never clean up after messy people.

Whats on your schedule for tomorrow?
Drawing and cleaning.

Does anyone know your facebook password?
Yes.

I can definitely say that this was not the most productive use of my time – so it fits in somewhere around video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment