Friday, February 8, 2013

The Scarlet Witch

Jack Kirby had such a phenomenal influence on comics and probably a great deal more besides.  His storytelling was just so much better than anyone else's.  I loved his work.

I was fortunate enough to have an Aunt with a huge collection of the original Marvel comics and she let me read each and every one.  I read all of the early Avengers, Fantastic Four, Thor, Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men.  My favourites at the time were FF, Thor, and the Avengers, oh and of course, Hulk.  It's amazing how many comics I read back then.  

So Kirby and his work did manage to have a really great impact to me directly since they were some of the very earliest comics that I read.  I loved each and every one of them.  

And here's a Scarlet Witch drawing, with a little more of her original costuming in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment