Thursday, March 20, 2014

TMNT!

I love comics!  That statement is not likely to be any sort of a revelation to anyone...  But, once in a while I need to mention it.  Part of that love of comics is having an affection or at least an admiration for all sorts of characters and comic universes.  

One such that I both admire and love is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Whether it is the old cartoon, the original comics by Eastman and Laird, the first TMNT movie, or even the few episodes of the current show that I've caught, I really enjoy it.  They do manage to keep the core concept intact throughout each incarnation.

An old friend, and a very good one at that, asked me to create an illustration for his daughter with Donatello, Michaelangelo, Leonardo, and Raphael.  Couldn't have been more pleased to do this, either!  Been waiting a while to post this one. 

Presenting the Heroes on the Half Shell, with an extra partner...


I am open to commissions.  A piece like this takes a little more time than what I can do at a convention.  But, I'm happy to create it and mail it, or bring it along to any show that I'm setting up at.  My next show is the 2014 Calgary Comic Expo, which is fast approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment