Friday, February 5, 2010

Roughin' it

The rough cover is coming along nicely. At least it is coming along nicely in my opinion. Unfortunately I cannot mention anything else about it, according to the rules of Small Press Idol. Don't worry, in a couple of days we will be able to show you the cover and the pitch. Won't that be a treat!

As far as helping Tina-Sue with the pitch goes - well, I've put a lot of thought into what I would amend and how. There is some underlying theory as to what I would change, it's not just arbitrary. While thinking of the best way to approach the subject, someone discovered the page that I had scribbled upon...

See, I really like to work things out, run through different conversational scenarios and arbitrate before we even get to that point. Others kind of shoot first and ask questions later. So now I'm in damage control mode! I think I've gotten myself past that point and back to a seemingly strong footing, or my flustering has just caused impatience to set in. Either way, I have a little time to recalibrate my thoughts and come up with some form of presentation that would not be found offensive or ignorant of her prodigious talent...

Now for that drawing that I promised I would post earlier this week:

Take from it what you will - it was just the first in a random series of doodles this evening. I think it looks like the sort of desk someone would read and draw at...

No comments:

Post a Comment